DONATE



Staff

Donor Gift & Purchase Processor

Stephanie Makrydakis

In 1893, when our community was in need of a genuine advance of medical care and had a burgeoning population; our cause began. The Seagram family stepped forward and offered 95 acres of land if and only if the citizens would fully fund the Hospital before the first brick or beam was laid. The citizens responded with a roar. Kitchener (then known as Berlin) and Waterloo rallied the community and raised $8,000 from subscribers ranging in size from 25 cents to 50 dollars.  Together in 1895 our predecessors built what has become Grand River Hospital out of their generosity, philanthropy...

Read more →


>