Launch of After Dark Donation
We are launching a new product collection designed in honour of the night shift - the hard working team members who put in the hours on the other side of the clock to ensure care never stops.
Make a donation in support of all the team members who work the night shift. Your generous support will go to the Health Care Staff Wellness and Well-being Fund, which supports our hospital teams through the following types of resources and initiatives and more:
Team Member Well-being Consultant
The Team Member Well-being Consultant is a full-time permanent position dedicated to both supporting and proactively promoting team member health and wellness at the hospital. First introduced last spring, this role is responsible for introducing new and additional wellness programming to enhance team member well-being and promote psychological safety and good mental health, and a big part of their role also involves engaging with staff to better understand their needs around health and wellness, both as a collective and as individuals. Most recently, the Team Member Well-being Consultant has also been facilitating the development of our Well-being Strategy.
During a six-week trial period over the summer, 331 free massages were provided to our staff at both the KW and Freeport Campuses. The trial was a resounding success with 100% of participants who provided feedback indicating that they would recommend that Grand River continue to offer the massage service; 96% gave their experience a five-star rating while the remaining 4% gave theirs four stars. The massage therapy program will continue through the fall and winter at both hospital campuses on a weekly basis.
Well-being on Wheels
Well-being on Wheels is a formalized and intentional rounding program where the Team Member Well-being Consultant and other key stakeholders visit the clinical units with a cart of resources, snacks and giveaways. The goal of this program is to connect with our frontline staff, receive their feedback, and demonstrate our gratitude for them and their work at the hospital.
Mental Health Benefits and Resources
A collection of up-to-date mental health resources for team members and leaders are maintained by the Team Member Well-being Consultant on the hospital’s corporate intranet and includes information about employee benefits and community-based resources. In addition, further mental health resources have also been made available to team members free of charge. For instance, the Calm app offers a library of resources to help relieve anxiety, manage stress, improve sleep and refocus attention, and a free subscription has been available to staff throughout the pandemic.
Others include appreciation events, team building and social activities, therapy dogs, Before Operational Stress program, mental health benefits and resources, learning opportunities, and the Workplace Well-being Challenge.
Your donation will specifically be used to support team member health and wellness for staff who work the night shift.
Select your donation amount, or enter a custom donation amount above.
Once you have selected your donation amount and clicked donate, it will take you to a shopping cart experience. From there you can review your total and then click complete payment at the bottom of the screen before being taken to a secure payment information page.
Tax receipts are automatically sent once you have completed your payment information and checked out. If you do not see an email come through with your tax receipt, please check your junk or spam email folders. The email subject line is Grand River Hospital Foundation Donation Receipt.
If you still cannot find it, please contact Jesse Borden, Fulfillment Manager & Donor Advocate at 226-750-2074 or email@example.com for support.
When donating, any information entered in the billing address fields on the payment screen will be used to generate an automatic tax receipt. If a company name is added here, the tax receipt will be issued to the company.
If your donation is in honour of a friend or loved one, you can email them a digital e-card upon making a donation.
E-cards are available for donations made in memory and in celebration of someone, and each e-card allows you to customize the message being sent. In order to send an e-card, you will need to know the recipient's email address.
When you reach the completed payment screen, you will see the available e-card options, or you can click this link to send an e-card and message directly.
The Foundation will only notify individuals upon request. You can use the cart note function to provide a message and contact details for the recipient.