Communications Specialist APPLY NOW
Top Level Description
You care about people and culture. You understand the big picture, and like helping people find themselves in it. And you have the ideas and skills to help people navigate change, bringing the organization close to the collective goal. As the Communications Specialist, you’ll provide a range of traditional and non-traditional corporate communications support for the teams at Grand River Hospital and Foundation. As part of the Integrated Marketing and Communications Team, you will play an integral role in corporate communications, working to build trust and strengthen community within and between teams, services, and campuses. A skilled communicator - regardless of the medium - you’re excited to help connect individuals to the organization’s vision.
- Enable Easy
- Courageous & Tenacious Action
- Transparent First
- Welcome One to Welcome All
- In Service and Hospitality
- Strong understanding of internal/team communications.
- Appreciation of being a part of a culture and using your skills and talents to make the culture the best it can be.
- An interest in or understanding of healthcare systems in Ontario.
- Experience communicating with union and non-union teams is an asset.
- Can-do attitude, comfortable balancing a number of projects at one time, and not afraid of helping drive change.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- A related degree or diploma and 1-3 years of experience in corporate communications.
What you'll do
- Leverage traditional and non-traditional corporate communications to engage teams with the Hospital’s Mission, Vision, Values, and Aiming High Strategic Plan.
- Support daily and weekly internal/team communications across a variety of platforms (e.g. emails, memos, communiques, web-based, print, etc.).
- Support the Integrated Communications Team in capturing team-based stories that bring the Strategic and Clinical Plans to life.
- Support change management initiatives.
- Help manage the general communications inbox.
- Support promotion and delivery of team-focused events, outreach, and recognition.
- Support corporate communications aspect of various change management projects.
- Maintain the Integrated Communications Team sharepoint site.
- Support Hospital Teams with using Communications Tools and Templates.
- Update and maintain “one source of truth” for Integrated Communications pieces.
- Promotion of various special projects throughout the year.
What We Offer
- The annual salary is in Band B $50,000 - $70,000
- 4 weeks vacation
- 4 day weeks from Victoria to Labour Day and December
- Full-time role with benefits
- Work Where You Want (WWYW) with close access to Kitchener Waterloo
- Tech to suit your needs
- Growth culture with big dreams and on a mission to rally the community to create a world class health system
- An organization that is passionate about your success personally and professionally
- You apply, traditionally (resume, cover letter & portfolio) or not (video, greatest hits montage etc..)
- We welcome all, unequivocally, we just ask you to bring a passion for the values and the attributes
- It is unrealistic for us to believe we will find someone who fits this position 100% and that is just fine with us
- Speed Interview for the top 8-10 selected candidates (5 min with each of 8-10 team members by Google Meet - sometimes we'll do a next round more in-depth)
- You start as soon as you can, we are looking to onboard right away