Grand Grillmaster APPLY NOW
In 1893, when our community was in need of a genuine advance of medical care and had a burgeoning population; our cause began. The Seagram family stepped forward and offered 95 acres of land if and only if the citizens would fully fund the Hospital before the first brick or beam was laid. The citizens responded with a roar.
Kitchener (then known as Berlin) and Waterloo rallied the community and raised $12,000 from subscribers ranging in size from 25 cents to 50 dollars. Together in 1895 our predecessors built what has become Grand River Hospital out of their generosity, philanthropy and belief in each other and this remarkable place.
We are seeking to build on this incredible history and change health philanthropy once again. We are seeking an incredible individual to be our Grand Grillmaster and help support our cause to remarkable heights in our community.
Our signature event for 2021, the Grand Grill is coming back for a second year as an Enhance Event Experience that is distributed across the community, in safe and fun way. A backyard BBQ with your bubble, in support of Grand River Hospital Foundation.
We want you to engage our community to do the greatest fundraising of their lives, and have the best possible time doing so. A tech savvy, self starter that is motivated by making a change. Be a part of the newest Enhanced Event Experience model that will shape how non-profits engage with their new and existing supporters.
- Enable Easy
- Surprise, Delight & Overdeliver
- Tenacious & Relentless Action
- Transparent First
- We Welcome You
What You Bring To The Table
- Enthusiastic and excited individual to engage our community
- Ability to support and coach people
- Tech savvy and experience with website content management systems (we use Shopify)
- Organized and detail oriented to manage event timelines and marketing processes
- A valid driver's license and 2 years
What You'll Do
- To support community members that sign up to host their very own Grand Grill and answer any and all inquiries, concerns, and questions
- To create, facilitate, and implement all individual fundraising platforms by utilizing Shopify's Layout Hub
- To enable easy and ensure that each individual's fundraising journey is as seamless as possible
- Represent Grand River Hospital Foundation by operating as a front-facing ambassador for everything and anything Grand Grill while adventuring across the Kitchener Waterloo Region in our Grand Grill Mobile
- Providing Grand Grill Collection Packages, Care Never Stops Swag, and anything else that will ensure we are achieve our value of Surprise, Delight, and Overdeliver
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation based on your level of experience
- 4-5 month Contract Position
- Growth culture with big dreams and on a mission of change
- Working directly with our CEO and our Engagement, Fulfillment & Operation teams
- We are passionate about your success personally and professionally
- You apply, traditionally (resume, cover letter & portfolio) or not :)
- We welcome all, unequivocally, we just ask you to bring what we are looking for to the table
- It is unrealistic for us to believe we will find someone who fits this position 100% and that is just fine with us
- Speed Interview for the top 10 selected candidates (5 min with each member of our team by Google Meet - sometimes we'll do a next round more in-depth
- You start as soon as you can, we are looking to onboard right away