Graphic Designer (Summer Contract) APPLY NOW
As a graphic design summer student at GRHF, you will help us set a new standard for design in the hospital non-profit space. Through an exciting variety of visual, packaging, and marketing design projects you will be able to lead, execute and implement your creative thinking in a way that will help better the community.
This job is funded by the Government of Canada through the Canada Summer Jobs program. The program requires that you must be:
- between the age of 15 and 30 at the start of employment;
- a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
- legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations.
- International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
- Enable Easy
- Tenacious & Relentless Action
- Transparent First
- We Welcome You
- Surprise, Delight and Overdeliver
- Believe in the power of design and imagery to tell a story
- A passion for rapid development of ideas and implementation
- Give and receive feedback that helps make the final product better
- Cares about non-profits and making the world a better place
- Bonus: You have experience using Illustrator, Canva, Notion, Shopify and Discord
What you'll do
- Help strengthen our new Care.Never.Stops. Campaign brand and H Partner mark
- Find new avenues to improve our web experiences and social media presence
- Build exciting products and packaging both internally and with our local partners and supporters
- Design materials for upcoming campaigns, walls, events and major gift proposals
- Anything else you feel would be worth looking into! We welcome all of your creative project ideas!
What We Offer
- Full-time role at $20 an hour
- 14-week term (May 30 to August 2)
- Attending our 12 Week Year planning and engagement event in early July
- WWYW (Work where you want) - remotely and opportunity to join us in our Collaboration space
- Growth culture with big dreams and on a mission to rally the community to create a world-class health system
- A reduced-hierarchy organization that is passionate about your success personally and professionally
- You apply, traditionally (resume, cover letter & portfolio) or not (video, greatest hits montage etc..), please share some creative work you’ve done.
- We welcome all, unequivocally, we just ask you to bring a passion for the values and the attributes
- It is unrealistic for us to believe we will find someone who fits this position 100% and that is just fine with us
- Speed Interview for the top 8 selected candidates (5 min with about 8-10 team members virtually by Google Meet - sometimes we'll do a next round more in-depth)
2022-05-15|||Work where you want (WWYW)|||Experience Team||||||ky.9OSiz9YHI0ddY|||FULL_TIME|||CAD|||HOUR|||single|||20|||||||||true