CLOSED - Intermediate Accountant APPLY NOW
Top Level Description
Be the change you want to see in healthcare and the community. Grand River Hospital is Aiming High and the Foundation is looking for a tenacious new team member as our Intermediate Accountant to help grow our organization to incredible heights. In partnership with the Hospital, the Foundation is rapidly growing and engaging with our community and we need to advance our financial capacity.
Reporting to and working closely with the VP Finance & Analytics who leads the Finance & Data Systems team. This role encompasses operational accounting deliverables (such as full cycle accounting and financial reporting, Grand River Hospital grant commitment administration, and investment management). You’ll also be provided the opportunity to gain insight into financial planning and analysis (forecasting and variance analysis, modelling, and OKR metric building). This role will aim to ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial statements and compliance with legal, regulatory reporting, and contractual obligations while providing bandwidth to scaffold our finance support at the Foundation.
- Enable Easy
- Tenacious & Relentless Action
- Transparent First
- Welcome One to Welcome All
- In Service and Hospitality
- You live and breathe accounting - numbers and Excel are your best friends!
- You graduated from a University or College specializing in Accounting
- You have or are working towards a recognized Canadian accounting designation
- You are hungry to learn about accounting for non-profit organizations
- You enjoy working collaboratively with other teams to understand the flow of information and funds, improve processes, and solve problems
- Charitable sector experience and healthcare understanding are an asset
What You'll Do
- Provide financial transaction support for the Foundation's ledger and records in accordance with GAAP for non-profit organizations, including revenue recognition, receivables/payables oversight, cash management and treasury, fund accounting reconciliation, investment and treasury operations, estate administration from a finance lens and more.
- Complete annual provincial and federal tax remittances and returns, and other statutory reports such as the T3010, and HST Rebate submission, among others.
- Working directly with the VP Finance & Analytics, and the Chief Giving Officer, own the reporting and analysis for our Campaign, including liaising with Grand River Hospital Finance leadership on performance achievement, reporting among care areas, and other needs.
- Manage and coordinate endowment disbursements according to policies, and issue endowment reports to donors in collaboration with our team, including monitoring performance on a quarterly basis.
- Provide support for generating monthly and quarterly financial reports, variance analysis, and other requests as required by the VP Finance & Analytics in support of Board requests, as well as owning monthly account reconciliations on balance sheet accounts.
- Support the organization’s fundraising efforts by providing support on estate management and gaming (AGCO) reporting.
- Support and network with Foundation colleagues by representing finance at various functions and events to enable easy for them while ensuring fundraising operations follow all regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Be a key contributor in the annual budget process, working closely with Foundation leadership staff, and providing support for the interim and annual audit.
What We Offer
- Full-time role with comprehensive benefits and HOOPP Pension
- The annual salary is in Band B - $50,000 to $70,000 based on your experience and success
- 4 weeks vacation
- 4 day weeks from Victoria Day to Labour Day and during the month of December
- The tools you need like a laptop, monitors, and mobile phone
- Professional Development funds available to support your designation, career progression, and goals
- Fast-paced growth culture with big dreams and a mission to rally the community to create a world-class health system
- An organization that is passionate about your success personally and professionally - we want to enable you to do the best work of your life
- You apply, traditionally (resume, cover letter & portfolio) or not (video, greatest hits montage etc.)
- We welcome all, unequivocally, we just ask you to bring a passion for the values and the attributes
- It is unrealistic for us to believe we will find someone who fits this position 100% and that is just fine with us
- Speed Interview for the top 10 selected candidates (5 min with each of 10-12 team members by Google Meet - sometimes we'll do a next round more in-depth)
- You start as soon as you can, we are looking to onboard right away