Gifts from the Heart
We are always in great need of gift cards to provide patients. Consider donating gift cards from retailers that provide:
- Tim Horton's: For meals, coffee, and treats. We have 2 locations on site (KW Campus and Freeport Campus) where patients can use these to get themselves a nice treat.
- Restaurants: Provided to patients and familes to purchase meals (e.g. Subway, McDonalds, etc.).
- Detpartment Store/ Pharmacy: Provided to patient to purchase personal hygiene products (e.g. Shoppers Drug Mart, Rexall, Amazon, Walmart, etc.).
- Grocery Stores: Provide to patients and their families to purchase grocery items (e.g. Freshco, Food Basis's, and No Frills).
- Petrol Stations: Provided to patient and families who come for appoints outside the region (e.g. Esso, Shell, Canadian Tire. etc.).
- iTunes cards: used you department programs for patient entertainment and our Music Therapy Program.
- Xbox or Nintendo Digital Gift Cards: used for patient entertainment with department programs.
- Local retailers who might support items for babies and children
Gifts cards are also easily sanitized and can be easily distributed to various care areas of the hospital.
New & Unopened Toys
We are able to accept small toy items. All items donated must be new and wrapped in original sealed packaging without any pieces or parts exposed to the outside environment. New items can also be placed in a clear plastic resealable bag for extra protection. Our Children's department loves to give out smaller gifts to patients since they are easy to store and easy for families to take home. These items include:
- Single hot wheels car packs
- Single Barbie's/action figures
- Small Lego sets
- Play-Doh and Crayola Model Magic
- Baby toys for under the age of 3yrs
- Pencil Crayons
- Deckes of Cards
- New release Dsiney's movie DVD's
- Individual craft kits
Items we are unable to accept
At this time we cannot accept donations of soft items or items that we cannot safely sanitize, this includes:
- Novels or magazines
- Items that are made from or contain wood
- Homemade blankets or hats
- Items with exposed parts or pieces
Hygiene & Toiletry Supplies
We are also able to accept new hygiene supplies for various care areas of the hospital. These items support patients who have extended stays at the hospital to helping people who enter our emergency department and everything in-between.
These items must be new in original packaging in a fully sealed box or in a clear plastic resealable bag for items that do not come in a fully sealed box (i.e. for bottles of soap or deodorant).
Here some of the most requested items throughout the hospital:
- Liquid soaps (body wash, shampoo, & conditioner)
- Toothpastes and toothbrushes
- Deodorant (for men and women)
- Feminine hygiene products